The MapWriter Mod is a mod for Minecraft that adds a minimap to the game. What makes this mod different from the other minimap mods is that you can actually expand the minimap so that it covers your entire screen, meaning that you will be able to have a clear view of the surrounding area.
In addition, it also works off of you exploring, so it’s not unfair and doesn’t give you more information than you already have.
Not meant to be an in-depth review. Check the images and videos tab for a better idea of the mod.
Images of: MapWriter Mod
See what this mod will look like in your game.
Last Updated: August 21, 2016
Videos of: MapWriter Mod
Watch videos of this mod in action.
See what people are saying about this mod.
Minecraft Forums Excerpt
this is the continued version of mapwriter. oldThread
In game mini map mode (circular map mode enabled in map GUI -> options menu) In game full screen GUI. Zooming out to see the world.
The new newmarker dialog and the markerlist.
Inworld markers with colored beam
- In game mini-map for multiplayer and singleplayer.
- Client side (server does not need to have the mod installed).
- The areas you explore are saved and can be viewed by scrolling or zooming the map, even when you are in a completely different part of the world.
- Full screen map GUI. Set waypoints by right clicking, pan map by click dragging, zoom with the mouse wheel.
- Rotating circular mini map mode. Can be enabled in the options GUI.
- Colours for blocks automatically generated from the block's textu
MC Versions: 126.96.36.199
Data uses MC Forums tags. Might be inaccurate.